* Click here to visit our new Roland website.


Digital Harpsichord

Q.Is there any difference between the cembalo and the harpsichord?

A.These are different names for the same type of instrument. The Germans have used "cembalo," the name that originated in Italy. The English-speaking world knows it by the name "harpsichord." Meanwhile, the French know it as the "clavecin." These names all apply to keyboard instruments that make sounds with a mechanism for plucking strings when keys are pressed.

Roland uses the English name "digital harpsichord" on the control panel, but the instructions and other literature use whatever name is appropriate in the local language.


To the top of page